EMIT is constantly striving to undertake high quality clinical research. This may involve trials investigating new medications or research looking into the causes of cardiovascular disease. In order to understand and treat diseases we need volunteers. Without them it would be impossible to for us to help develop the medicines of the future that will improve our quality of life.
If you would like to express an interest in helping (without any obligation) please fill in the form at the end of this page.
Benefits to you
- Free Medical: If you fill out the form below and are contacted by us you will be invited for a screening medical and some blood tests to ensure that it is safe for you to undertake research.
- Satisfaction: Many of our volunteers suffer from cardiovascular diseases and take pleasure in knowing that they will have helped others by advancing our understanding of diseases and helping to develop medication for future generations.
We have a number of ongoing clinical trials. Details of some of these can be found at this link. Not all our trials are listed here and we are always in need of volunteers for future research to help shape the next generation of medication. Our trials and research is run to the highest standards.
One of the obvious question is whether it is safe to do clinical trials. Safety is the most important consideration for all our clinical research. We ensure that volunteers are never exposed to more than minimal risk. We do this in a number of ways:
- Staff: All our staff are highly experienced and well trained.
- Scrutiny: All our studies are designed and scrutinised by our physicians, scientists and other professionals. All our trials are run in accordance with European Legislation and if a new medicine is involved must be approved by the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency).
- Independent Review: All studies are submitted for approval to an independent Ethics Committee whose purpose is to safeguard the interests of patients and volunteers, participating in clinical research. No study can take place without having been approved in this way.
- Standards: We comply with all guidelines set out by the Regulatory Authorities. Our practice is audited to confirm this.
- Selection: We select volunteers carefully for each study.
- Monitoring: We monitor volunteers very closely during the research.
- Well equipped units: Our units are modern and comfortable with up-to-date equipment.
If you are interested
We are always in need of healthy volunteers and are particularly interested in people with cardiovascular disease (e.g. stroke, heart attack). If you are interested please fill in the form below and we will try to contact you. We may not have any trials that are suitable for you but if you are happy to have your details stored on our secure database, please indicate this and we may contact you in the future for your help!